Selona Deshret

Share | 

Brunth wakes up...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brunth

PostSubject: Brunth wakes up...   Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:26 am

Defeated!

Brunth lays staring at the whispy night clouds in a puddle of half-dried blood collecting his thoughts...

His company waylayed by mercenaries.

Betrayed! Cimmarean dog!

Hauling himself up he searches the ground below. Reaching for blood smudged hair and clutching the betrayers head; severed by what he thought would be his last deed on this earth, he throws it into the corpse laden yonder...

He bellows with visceral animal-rage sending his voice bouncing off the nearest mountainside.... Natures voice goes silent for a moment.. A flock of tiny birds flutter and chirp madly, annoyed by this great, loud, bear of a man.

Tired, glazed eyes gaze down upon a smatter of slain friends, and enemies.. His heart hardens once more.

The tired old captain looks for his axe. His lumbering enibriated frame casts its long shadow on the blood drenched grass cast by the harvest moon. Finding it he retrieves it unchallenged, and uncaring if an arrow were to impale him...

Whats left of his home village must surely be ruin and rubble... more later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Callesto

PostSubject: Re: Brunth wakes up...   Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:02 am

Welcome!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThatHandsomeDevil

PostSubject: Re: Brunth wakes up...   Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:48 am

I didn't know you were literate...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brunth

PostSubject: Re: Brunth wakes up...   Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:18 pm

Another night passed as the nightmares grow more distant. Brunth is closer to his goal of reaching his home village before enemy troops do, hindered
they are by the lack of urgency, while his life depends on the haste of his travels...

His numbed spirit has tuned his appetite and his need for rest to a minimum, travel was
quick.. He knew every goat trail and every crevace in these lands... The advantage was
his.

And then something unexpected happened.

"Excuse me.. My good Alonqian"

His ears perk up..

"Who said that?"

An anassuming figure appears from behind a large boulder, cautiously stepping sideways
from its afternoon shade revealing that he is very on in the years..

"spare you any time for an old man with terrible luck?"

Brunth pauses for a moment, wondering how bad it could be.

"What happened old man, you bear the bruises of a one sided fight?"

"Please, call me Ones!" The strangers tone turns friendly. The old man approaches, head inclined

"Alright... Ones" still cautious.

"Well I hired some mercenary's to watch over my caravan... and.. Well.." with a chuckle
"It would seem I hired the wrong kind of folk"

Brunth laughs, folding his arms.

"Tell me about your bad luck old man, you lament over a lost caravan of goods. Ye must be

well off..."

"..Not at all, Everything I had was on that caravanm along with my two daughters."

"I'm sorry" Brunth says low, his arms fall to his side..

There is a long pause, for a moment there are no words exchange but Brunth gains a great

respect for the man and his Plight.

The old man continues with the details of the event.. A week without food, his daughters

dead by now, or worse...

Overcome by compassion and guilt over his poor choice of words, Brunth decides to assist

the old man. It wasn't to hard for him to track down the caravan and after a full day of
tracking he easily killed the first watch, slit the remainding highwaymans throats and
delivered the daughters to his old man.

"Everything I have is yours Brunth, how can I ever repay you?"

"Ones... I have two daughters of my own, see it as one father helping another."

Oddly enough the old man was a blacksmiths supplier and gave him a hammer made of steel that could be traded for the wealth of Brunths entire village. His feet were light and his belly was full, his mind was on the old man and his fair daughters, how beautiful they were. He wondered how his daughters would look when they thier age and if they'd be as beutiful as Ones and how sweet it would be to no longer be a soldier for the time being, and make up for lost time with his wife.

Not long now, the sun was low...

Peeking over the last summit of the range south of his home village. Exhausted and relieved, his eyes meet his home...

((more later))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brunth wakes up...   

Back to top Go down

Brunth wakes up...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Sealladh Alliance :: Roleplay Realm :: Introduction and Bio Section-
Jump to: