Nancy the fancy

Selona Deshret

Share | 

Callesto (Jessica)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Callesto

PostSubject: Callesto (Jessica)   Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:15 pm

First a bit of an IC introduction to your co-guild leader, Callesto!

Name: Callesto
Path: 'Dagger wielder', aka Assassin
Crafting abilities: A very poor gem and weapon smith

Callesto (everyone calls her Cally) is a shy young woman in her late teens. She doesn't know her true age but she guesses to be around 16 to 18 years old. She's tall, but very slender with soft well-managed lightbrown hair. Her skin is slightly darker than most Aquilonians from years of tanning while living on the tropical island her family escaped to.

Her family is noble and rich, and escaped the hostilities brought to Aquilonia by the Nemedians by making the long journey to a far away island city known as Temuair. The journey was difficult and Callesto was still an infant, so she doesn't remember her family's time in her home country. Temuair is filled with refugees of from corners of Hyboria who wished to escape hostile environments and live in tranquility. Callesto was forcefully enrolled in a Convent as were most children on the Temuair island. While there, she was educated to the most extremes of life, science and history but learned very little of Hyboria and it's inhabitants and hostilities. She was to become the next teacher for the convent, educating others just as she was. This was also no ordinary convent, as they did not teach and preach the glory of one god - but instead, taught the balance that all gods bring. How one god balances out the other, and how all are needed to keep the world in perfect balance.

However, the monotonous life of a convent scholar grow weary on Callesto, and she soon began to dream of a life outside that which she knew. One of adventure, one of glory. And on an uncharacteristically cold night in Temuair, she stuck to the shadows and slipped wistfully into the night to escape for the life she dreamed for herself. And that is where her story of adventure begins....

Upon learning to wield her daggers with a nimble nature, she quickly realized they were her best means of self defense against the vicious hostile people that wander Hyboria. From blood thirsty guilds and hostile pict tribes to ferocious panthers and other wild cats, Callesto knew her days of safety and education were long gone. With no way to return home, Callesto was taken in by the people of Invicta. They helped instill a feeling of belonging inside her shy mind, and it gave her opportunity to meet others quite like her. This is where she met Psykhe, an older and wiser rogue who quickly took a liking to her despite Callesto's awkwardness around her. In time their relationship began to develop, but shortly after Psykhe left on an important job for the what Cally believed was the White Guard. While Psykhe was away, Callesto was taken in by a motherly figure from the Amazons of Hyboria, Pixy, who taught her much about life in Hyboria and how to defend herself. She became a real secondary mother to poor little Callesto, and provided support just as any mother would. All the while, Callesto sobbed inside, wondering what had become of her dear friend Psykhe.

While Psykhe was away, evil had been stirring amongst some members of Invicta who for some reason chose to emotionally injure Callesto with rumors, and planned to use powerful magic to disrupt and corrupt her very being. Callesto ran for safety, and went into hiding. In one of her few escapes from her solitude and safety, she met people of Followers Of The Straight Path who quickly took a liking to her and took her in as one of their own. From there, it was only a matter of time before she had begun to help transform the guild into what is now known as Sealladh. Again, all the while wondering if Psykhe would ever return - until the one glorious day when she finally did. She now lives happily with her kitten and her new found love, Psykhe, in small house in an alley inside Old Tarantia. She has finally made a life for herself, the only of honor and glory, and above all happiness, that dreamed of when she decided to sneak away from the convent.

Personality wise, Callesto is very peaceful and modest. She is extremely shy and easily made nervous - but not in the face of danger, but in the face of those who might possibly pass judgment on her as a person. She tries to be more out going as she grows in the world of Hyboria, but it just is not in her nature to be very outgoing at all. She has a terrible stutter, but it's not so much an incontrollable tick as it is a nervous reaction to speaking to others. In Temuair she spoke fine, but it was her home - now in this strange land she knows little of, her words get jumbled as do her thoughts, and in a shy way, she often stutters and repeats.

---

Now that I've gotten the IC explanation of Cally done, I'd like to share a bit about myself, the player.

Name: Jessica (friends can call me Jess or Jessie)

Location: Brooklyn/Queens border in New York City, New York, USA - I live on the Brooklyn side

I love to roleplay and come from a game called Dark Ages where roleplay was mandatory. My main hobby consists of video gaming and role playing, obviously.

I consider myself quite shy and timid, although I try lately to be less of a quiet little mouse on AoC. I consider Callesto to be an extention and over dramatized version of myself, and try to convey my own personality through her in a dramatized RP sort of way.

I am studying to (hopefully) become a Radiologic Technologist, at New York CityTech in here in Brooklyn.

And now, for the part I'm most nervous about - a picture of me. I have two i was debating of posting, but I'm going to settle for the one that isn't as up close of my face with my hair all blah, lol. Plus, I love the shades I wear in this one. -PLEASE- don't make any comments about how I look, good or bad. It'll either crush me, or make me blush - either way I'm embarrassed.

Last edited by Callesto on Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mani929
Admin

PostSubject: Nice look and nice personalty   Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:27 pm

you are so pretty :$ merry me please Very Happy ....you have a deep story IC i mean...great one...wow Very Happy how much time takes you to write all this..I Admitte really nice work

also you have great personalty keep this way :$
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sealladh.goodoolz.com
Psykhe

PostSubject: Re: Callesto (Jessica)   Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:16 pm

Mani929 wrote:
you are so pretty :$ merry me please Very Happy ....you have a deep story IC i mean...great one...wow Very Happy how much time takes you to write all this..I Admitte really nice work

I believe she asked that you not comment on her picture. Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Callesto

PostSubject: Re: Callesto (Jessica)   Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:36 am

Psykhe wrote:
Mani929 wrote:

I believe she asked that you not comment on her picture. Suspect

Thank you sunshine! sunny lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mani929
Admin

PostSubject: !!   Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:09 am

lol sorry Razz i didn't notice this
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sealladh.goodoolz.com
Kimmy/Malkaleth

PostSubject: Re: Callesto (Jessica)   Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:21 am

Cal sounds like a fun character to have around Jess, looking forward to RPing with you.

Also don't worry about pictures, it's only the internet. Smile

Kimmy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Callesto

PostSubject: Re: Callesto (Jessica)   Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:31 am

Kimmy/Malkaleth wrote:
Cal sounds like a fun character to have around Jess, looking forward to RPing with you.

Also don't worry about pictures, it's only the internet. Smile

Kimmy

Thats what im worried about! lol

and yeah, look forward to it too Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asmodium

PostSubject: Re: Callesto (Jessica)   Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:45 am

Mhm, IC and OOC, you seem awesome. And everyone's embarrassed about their pictures Surprised.

Yeah, I like 'ya, I look forward to playing, and RPing with you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Callesto

PostSubject: Re: Callesto (Jessica)   Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:59 pm

Hm, I'll have to work on a story for Lyde soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoede

PostSubject: Re: Callesto (Jessica)   Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:35 am

I know how much you love your assassin now hehe so I wanted you to cheer up and watch these.

A good partner is hard to find
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4WTEIrMYiQ&feature=related

A ninja pays half my rent
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i55sGiAMYGE

Ninja Cat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79dt9HRif8g

bookshelf kitten
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t83xlU8WRSg

Japanese Police VS Darth Vador
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmhopI9pi4M

orange vs darth vador
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdQqsJWsL64&feature=related

Darth Vader Being A Jerk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7ehztRDhZc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Callesto

PostSubject: Re: Callesto (Jessica)   Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:13 pm

Thanks for the laughs, Zoe. Laughing

Hope you post about yourcharacter or an application of some sort soon, let's get you into the guild already!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cocoz

PostSubject: Re: Callesto (Jessica)   Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:46 pm

Aww, look @ how pretty you are ^_^.. Simply goregeous.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Callesto

PostSubject: Re: Callesto (Jessica)   Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:51 pm

Eep i missed that reply about me being gorgeous Embarassed

I am not, but I'll still take the compliment and say thank you. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Myriade

PostSubject: Re: Callesto (Jessica)   Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:23 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Callesto

PostSubject: Re: Callesto (Jessica)   Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:10 am

Figured i should update, and mention I decided against real estate. I've been in school for a few months now for Radiology.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Callesto

PostSubject: Re: Callesto (Jessica)   Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:59 pm

Heh, and it's "Callesta" now since the server change Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Atrlion

PostSubject: Re: Callesto (Jessica)   Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:05 pm

Callesto, callesta, doesn't matter since she is still the smexiest person in aoc!!

P.S. i mean the smexy pixels no the girl herself, that i choose not to comment on but simply buy a ring and a plane ticket to new york for

P.S.S. danm, i think that might have been a compliment
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Callesto

PostSubject: Re: Callesto (Jessica)   Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:52 am

Ago you're out your mind sometimes Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Psykhe

PostSubject: Re: Callesto (Jessica)   Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:47 am

Sometimes?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asmodaia

PostSubject: The Associates of Asmodaia   Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:34 am

A face to the name of the gracious lady who has persevered while I fought with myself about the merits of this endeavour.

I thank you for the opportunity to be a part of Sealladh; after the criticisms I have received of late I thought maybe that the dream had died.

My youth was not a kind one, and I escaped within the pages written by Howard, Lovecraft and the master, Clark Ashton Smith. When my son gifted me with this world, I wasn't sure what to do; I had never been involved in anything like it. But finally, I made a decision to enter the land that rescued me from true horror as a child.

Needless to say, it was a dream come true.

But lately I had become discouraged, for my dream does not always mesh with the dreams of the multitude. But I happened upon the graciousness of She Who Wishes Not To Be Described, and a new spark flared in the void of the night, and where once darkness stalked, armed, in corridors of hopelessness, now a small light shown to guide ones feet.

And in the feint glow a dream was reborn from the ashes of a broken heart.

Hail Callesto, Dancer Amidst the Peaks of Mountains Endless. I owe you a dream, and as of now my eyes close and the payment of my debt begins for I will sleep in the Heart of Beauty, and rest in a Valley of Neverending Bliss.

Asmodaia's and Vishahara's fates will intertwine as time moves forward, and none under the banner of my name exist without being tied to Tenochtitlan and Aforgomon. Let me now fall into the Well of Timelessness and bring forth names under the light of a distant star, in a Season at the Dawn of Time, for I enter the Land of Wonder at the Time of the Beginning, and I find that the meaning of yesterday is that friends remember me, and greet me along the paths I travel.

Hail Sealladh
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Callesto

PostSubject: Re: Callesto (Jessica)   Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:29 pm

Oh, should also update that I am no longer a 'poor weapon or gem smith' but rather a master of both Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laz

PostSubject: Re: Callesto (Jessica)   Mon May 23, 2011 6:36 pm

WOOO CALLIE you looking HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTT pirat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wulfgar

PostSubject: Re: Callesto (Jessica)   Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:35 pm

Great in depth story, Cally/Jessica! I hope to RP with you with one of your many alter-egos
-or maybe I already have - who knows! I think I might know Callesta's mentor, Pixy (or an ALT)

Congrats on becoming a better Weaponsmith and Gemcrafter and Best of luck with the Radiology thing. X-rays scare me! Laughing

BTW- since you said not to comment on your appearance, I'll just say nice picture! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Callesto

PostSubject: Re: Callesto (Jessica)   Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:18 pm

Lol.. Pixy is Callesta's mentor? That is news to me!

OH.. you know Pixymisa from guild. No, the woman who took Cally in as a young girl lost in Hyboria was Pixy (just plain pixy), who hasnt been in game a long time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Callesto (Jessica)   

Back to top Go down

Callesto (Jessica)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1